Planning your next vacation?
Besides specific things to pack and other travel must-haves, there are plenty of other things to plan for a fun and memorable vacation. Whether it's a summer by the beach or a spring break road trip, we have the ultimate Travel Planning Checklist to help ease the pre-trip stress!
Pick a destination
Choose the dates
- Where would you like to go?
- Domestic or international?
- Check travel advisories based on safety and climate patterns.
Calculate your spending budget
- What season do you want to travel in?
- How long would you like to go for?
Plan your route! By plane or by car?
- How much do you want to spend while you're there on food and activities based on the costs of hotel, flights, and transportation.
- Look up blogs of what's normal in this area
Book your stay: hotel, airbnb, or motel
- Whether you're driving or flying, search for the cheapest option!
Start planning your activities!
- Might want to hop around- multiple hotels, hostels or airbnb
- Look up costs– is it cost effective to stay in one hotel the whole time? Maybe move cities and stay at a lower cost option!
Look up local recommendations
- Places to eat and activities.
- Make a list of all the must see and do items.
Start packing your bags!
- Places to see and eat at based on what the people who live there
- Any customs or must know before you go ?
- Heading to San Diego? Check out some of Hang’s local favorites!
- Arguably, the hardest part.
- Decide whether you want to check or carry on your luggage.
- Make sure your carry-on bags fit the dimension and weight regulations for the airline you are using.